Discussion assignments are prompts that your teacher can assign to you. By participating in discussions, you can reflect on learning, share ideas and opinions, or ask and answer questions. Discussions may require you to answer individual questions or give multiple responses to an ongoing discussion.
Discussions are different from other assignments in that you do not have a Turn In option. Discussions comments are posted when you click Post my comment and the assignment is considered automatically turned in at midnight in your time zone on the due date.
Assigned discussions are available in your Assignments list and the Discuss page.
Complete Your Discussion Assignment
- Click the CLASSES tab on the top menu bar. If you are in more than one class, select the class from the list.
- Do one of the following:
- On the Assignments tab, choose the assignment that contains the discussion, and then click the discussion from the Assigned work section.
- Click Discuss to the right of Assignments, and then click the discussion you want to open.
- Click Add attachment.
- Click Choose file and select the file you want to attach. Realize supports the attachment of files up to 10 MB to discussion comments. Supported file types include .doc, docx, ppt, pptx, jpg, png, mp3, mp4, or pdf. Once attached, files can be replaced, removed, or downloaded.
- Click Attach from Google Drive.
- On the Select a file page, browse to the file in your Google Drive you want to attach, select the file, and then click Select. Once attached, files can be replaced, removed, or downloaded.
- Click Attach from Microsoft OneDrive.
- Select the file you want to attach, and then click Open. Once attached, files can be replaced, removed, or downloaded.
Comments cannot be added to discussions that are past the due date.